Microsoft Azure was initially known as Windows Azure. It is Microsoft's public cloud computing platform. It offers a range of cloud services. This also includes services pertaining to compute, analytics, storage and networking. Users can select the Microsoft Azure Managed services as per requirement. The scope of requirements can be anything from developing and scaling new applications, or run existing applications, in the public cloud.
These services are classified into product types:
- Compute: Users can benefit from these services in requirements of virtual machines, containers, batch processing and remote application access
- Web and mobile: These services are specialized in facilitating the development and deployment of web and mobile applications. They also offer features for API management, notification and reporting.
- Data storage:Services such as Database as a Service offerings for SQL and NoSQL are included in this classification of services. It also includes unstructured and cached cloud storage.
- Analytics:Services in this category specialize in distributed analytics, real-time analytics, Big Data analytics, machine learning and data warehousing
- Networking: This is the section of services that deals with virtual networks, dedicated connections and gateways. It also includes services for traffic management, load balancing and domain name system (DNS) hosting
- Media and content delivery network: Services pertaining to on-demand streaming, encoding and media playback and indexing are included in this section
- Hybrid Integration: Services for server backup, site recovery and connecting private and public clouds can be found in this category
- Internet of Things (IoT): As the name suggests, these are the services that help in capture, monitor and analyze IoT data from sensors and other devices.
- Security:This product of Azure has the capability of identifying as well as responding to security threats pertaining to cloud.
Microsoft Azure is known to provide practical business solutions. It has been comprehensive in creating Microsoft or Linux virtual machines. Azure helps enterprises in saving expenses on hardware and software with managed SQL relational databases, from one to an unlimited number. Here are a few of the Microsoft Azure business benefits,
- Speed in Microsoft Azure:
Speed in Microsoft Azure can be seen in deployment, operation, scalability and even functionality.
Azure Consulting Services help businesses in exploring new avenues and technologies with develop, test, feedback and retry while developing applications. In a race towards innovation, this becomes a key element. Such Agility in enterprises facilitates teams in doing a lot more.
- Going Global:
Businesses of scale need to have their services running in data-centres globally. Azure plays a crucial role for enterprises that are looking to improve the presence of their applications globally, with performance and utilization changes.
- Integrating Development Environment Into Azure:
Azure solutions has one of the best development environments. It has all the tools needed to build Azure solutions.
- An integrated delivery pipeline:
Azure’s delivery pipeline has a unified architecture. It consists of Source control, Unit testing, Integration testing, Delivery and Go live tools.
- Disaster Recovery In Azure:
Data is being transferred and shared on a global level. This makes it critical for enterprises to have in-built fail-over and disaster recovery capabilities. Azure takes care of this comprehensively.
- BI and Analytics Support:
Azure provides managed SQL and NoSQL data services and built-in support. This helps enterprises in better utilization of data and therefore, improves business processes and decision making.
Microsoft Azure Managed Services allow enterprises to scale their data storage capabilities. It would be challenging in case of static data center since additional power will call for new hardware and OS purchasing, provisioning, and deployment.
- Cost Efficient:
Microsoft Azure makes it faster, easier and cheaper to add and scale infrastructure. Owing to Microsoft’s massive infrastructure and expertise, Azure facilitates enterprises in reducing costs.
- High on Credibility:
Microsoft is historically one of the most credible and reliable long-standing brands. This therefore brings a certain trust to deploying Azure.
- Applications on Offer:
Microsoft offers services that facilitate development and testing of applications. These services include, Visual Studio Team Services, Visual Studio Application Insights and Azure for on-demand storage. Microsoft also offers licensing discounts for migrating their existing apps to Azure.
Microsoft is always adding to the directory of Microsoft Azure Managed services. So, enterprises get something more all the time. Azure has all requirements to help build a virtual network and deliver applications across the globe. It facilitates the enterprises in adding cloud capabilities to the existing network. With Azure’s ever expanding array of products and services, enterprises can leverage the comprehensiveness of the products to meet requirements through one convenient, easy to manage platform.
Nous Infosystems is a leading provider of Azure Consulting Services. We help enterprises to seamlessly migrate to the cloud. If you would like to know more about our Cloud Computing Consulting Services, then do get in touch with us.