You might have experienced performance problems when you are working with items in a large .pst file or .ost file in Outlook. Microsoft Office Outlook momentarily stops responding during typical operations.
These symptoms are most noticeable during mail delivery or during synchronization. These symptoms become more pronounced as data file size increases. They are more likely to occur when the size of the file approaches 2 GB. Moreover, they are more prominent in a very large .pst file that is 4 GB or larger.
You can use one of the following methods to resolve or minimize this problem.
1. Reduce the size of the Exchange mailbox:
To reduce the size of the Exchange mailbox, do one or more of the following:
- Delete items in your mailbox.
- Archive items in your mailbox to one or more .pst files.
- Compact Process
Starting the Compact Process
- For Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016. Go to File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings-> tab: Data Files
- Double click on the pst-file or ost-file.
- Click on Advanced, then go to Outlook Data File Settings.
- Click the Compact Now button.
2. Split your large .pst file into several smaller .pst files.
This should help you keep the outlook data file size in check; Increase system performance as less amount of data is loaded into system memory while outlook is running, plus you will get a smooth experience while working on Outlook & CRM Client.
Hope these suggested methodologies help you ease out performance issues in your outlook & Outlook CRM Client!
Please reach out to us for any specific issues not covered here!!!
If you would like to know more about our MS Dynamics CRM Services, then do leave an enquiry with us here.